About Chicago: Chicago’s great magic lies in its mix: sophisticated yet friendly, bustling city streets adjacent to long stretches of green parks and sparkling blue Lake Michigan, and a stunning year-round array of things to see and do unique in all the world. Chicago is more walkable than most global cities, and visitors of all ages enjoy the proximity of such attractions as Navy Pier, Millennium Park, Art Institute of Chicago and other treasures. The city’s endless assortment of restaurants, shopping and nightlife are all at your fingertips, ready to match every taste, budget and mood.
Getting to Chicago: Chicago has two international airports to fly into: Chicago O’Hare International Airport, and Midway International Airport, located 13-miles and 10-miles respecitvely from downtown. Both airports have a large selection of different airline carriers, several of which have low-cost airlines. IACP has a special air discount with United Airlines, for more information click here. Amtrak serves Chicago with about 50 trains arriving and departing daily.
Getting to Downtown Chicago: There are several ways to get to downtown Chicago from the airports.
- Shuttle/Taxi – services are available at both airport, fares range from $30-$50.
- Go Airport Express – provides shared rides to hotels, businesses downtown and McCormick Place West. A special IACP rate (10% discount) is avaliable for all IACP 2011 attendees. Book online at: Go Airport Express. Or call 1-888-284-3826 and mention the code "IACP" to the reservation agents to receive the discount.
- Car Rentals – Many car rental companies have facilities at both O’Hare and Midway airports. Please visit specific rental company websites for details.
- Public Transportation – Chicago Transit Authority offers fast, direct train service from airports to downtown for as low as $3 one-way.
Where to Stay: IACP has 19 official conference hotels with rates starting as low as $149 per night. Travel Planners Incorporated is the official, exclusive housing coordinator for IACP 2011. Housing reservations open May 11, 2011. Travel Planners offers the following benefits:
- No change or cancellation fees
- Call center support to assist you prior to arrival and on-site
- Guaranteed satisfaction
Getting Around: If you are staying at one of the official conference hotels transportation is provided. Shuttle bus service will take you daily between your official conference hotel and McCormick Place West Convention Center. Shuttle service will also be provided to transport attendees to Host Chief’s Night and to the annual banquet. Note: Chicago has a dedicated bus route which takes individuals to/from downtown hotels and McCormick Place West in only 15-minutes!
McCormick Place: Is one of the nation’s largest and most impressive convention and meeting centers. Located along the shore of Lake Michigan, McCormick Place features a state-of-the-art complex linked by a 50,000 square-foot pedestrian promenade containing retail shops and other visitor amenities. IACP 2011 conference will be held in the McCormick Place West Convention Center. For more information about the convention center, click here.