As the nation’s fifth largest city, Philadelphia is located at the crossroads of the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic United States. Convenient for travel, the airport serves more than 120 cities worldwide and public transportation provides quick, easy access to downtown. Philadelphia is a vibrant, diverse city offering a great mix of historical sights, art, and an active gastronomic scene. Opening in spring 2017, the Museum of the American Revolution will be a state-of-the-art immersive experience through an important time in American history. Walk day and night through the vibrant streetscape and immerse yourself in America’s Old and New World. Picturesque and friendly streets are lined with parks, rivers, shops, public art, restaurants, and museums. Everything is within walking distance from downtown. Learn more about the city and plan your visit.
If you are arriving by plane or train the Pennsylvania Convention Center is conveniently located eleven miles from Philadelphia International Airport and less than two miles from the 30th Street Station serviced by Amtrak.
The Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) services more than 1,100 daily non-stop arrivals and departures. For attendees choosing United for air travel, IACP has arranged a discount code valid for travel October 14-30. To take advantage of this discount by visiting this United website. You will be asked for a Z code and agreement code which are ZY5A951900.
There are several ways to get to downtown Philadelphia, considered Center City, from the airport and Amtrak station.
Ground Transportation Options
- Taxi – services are available at the airport and a flat rate to Center City is $28.50.
- Car Rentals – Many car rental companies have facilities at the Philadelphia International Airport.
- Public Transportation – SEPTA, the region’s public transportation system operates buses, subways, trains and trolley. The Jefferson Station subway stop is at the convention center as well as the 11th Street Station that directly services the Amtrak 30th Street Station.
- Parking – The Convention Center Parking Facility at 1324 Arch Street, directly across the street from the Pennsylvania Convention Center, is offering IACP conference attendees a $5.00 coupon for parking. The garage also offers an Early Bird Discount of $15.00 Monday-Friday if in by 9:00 a.m. and out by 6:00 p.m.
- Shuttles – IACP will provide shuttles to/from the Pennsylvania Convention Center and conference hotels Friday, October 20 – Tuesday, October 24. See below for more information.
Shuttle bus service will take you daily between select official conference hotels and the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Shuttle service will also be available to transport attendees to Chiefs Night and the Annual Banquet. View the hotel map showing which ones will provide shuttle transportation and which ones are within walking distance of the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
Shuttles will run every 20 minutes and the last shuttle will depart hotels at 5:30 p.m.
Hotel Shuttle Schedule
Friday, October 20 – 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 21 – 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 22 – 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Monday, October 23 – 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, October 24 – 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Chiefs Night Shuttle Schedule – Monday, October 23
To event from hotels
Routes 1-6 – 6:15 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Routes 7-10 – 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
From event to hotels
All Routes – 8:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Shuttles will run continuously.
Annual Banquet – Tuesday, October 24
Routes 1-6 – Shuttle will depart at 5:30 p.m.
Routes 7-10 – Shuttle will depart at 4:30 p.m.
Shuttles will depart the Pennsylvania Convention Center at 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
Return to top
The Pennsylvania Convention Center is located in the heart of the city. It is a short walk from Independence Hall, Rittenhouse Square, and Chinatown. Along the western entrance is Museum Mile and attached to the facility is the culinary melting pot known as Reading Terminal Market. Learn more about the about Pennsylvania Convention Center.